Menu bars and position fixed

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Eric Pinnell, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Eric Pinnell

    Eric Pinnell Guest

    I've created a new menu bar navigation scheme for my web site,
    www.ericpinnell.com but I've got a couple of problems.
    First, I don't seem to find a way to get rid of the indenting
    before the bullets.
    Second, in using a <div> with <span> to change styles for the
    headers, it seems to have killed the position:fixed of the entire
    paragraph.
    I defined the men bar as a fixed position paragraph and used <span>
    to change the font size, background color, etc of the headers above
    the bullets.
    This produces some extremely weird effects on other browsers. So,
    what the heck am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way for me to
    change styles within a fixed position element?

    Eric Pinnell

    (Author, "Claws of The Dragon", "The Omega File")

    For a preview, see: http://www.ericpinnell.com and click on "books"

    Eric Pinnell, Mar 7, 2004

  2. Eric Pinnell

    Kris Guest

    CSS:
    ul, li { margin-left: 0; paddng-left: 0; }
    Use real headers. H1, H2, H3, etcetera. What is the purpose of the
    position attribute in this situation anyway? Why not leave it out?
    Doesn't look like one to me.
    Use real headers.
    <h2>Things I eat</h2>
    <ul>