Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2

Monty

[vs2005, ASP.Net, VB.Net, XP SP2]

I have a bit of common code that I've been using for a while to return a
dictionary collection of dataobjects. I've made some changes to it and other
areas of the project, and suddenly I am getting this error (below) whenever
I call it. My changes were small and I don't think they would have caused
anything like this. Error message:

Error: Method not found:
'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,
MyCo.MyProject.CommonLib.MyDataObject>

Searching on this (http://tinyurl.com/3avbyh) I found three issues that all
had to do with the SVCUtil (ServiceModel Metadata Utility Tool), but I don't
know that I'm using that... I don't have the .Net Framework 3.0 installed.
Can anyone suggest what is going on? Thanks.

PS- I'm calling this code from an AJAX modal popup, but it was working
before, so I don't know that that is related.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Monty,

Could you please post some code and the stack trace when the exception
occurs? The exception looks like a general one and not necessary related to
WCF utility SvcUtil.

Thanks.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Monty

Hi Walter,

I went back to get that information and the error has magically disappeared.
I've done absolutely nothing in there since posting, so I don't know what
made the difference. Maybe it just needed a re-boot over the weekend?

Thanks.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Monty,

Thanks for the update.

Please feel free to reply here in case the exception occurs again.