Migrating 1.1 to 2.0 Questions

Guest

Hi,

I am trying to decide why upgrade to asp.net 2.0. From what I have read
about 2.0 you have Web parts - personalization, which seems nice but not sure
if really necessary. Their are some new server controls. Are they any easier
to program then what we are using so far? What about comboboxs are they in
2.0 yet from MS? They should be. We have them in window apps should be in web
apps as well. Data access - ADO.net seems to be easier more robust to use. Is
this so? I use Business Logic Layers - Data classes to create and access db.
How is it different in 2.0? Is anybody using the ADO.net controls instead of
writing their own data access? In the Gridview in 2.0 who much different is
it to the datagrid in 1.1? I assume it's able to create Template Columns? Is
the gridview easier to implement and use? What version is everyone using of
2.0? I see alot of people have their hands on certain builds like Nov and dec
of the beta from MSDN. Which one is the most stable right now?
Also I read that the code behind model has changed in 2.0 beta 1 to the
latest 2.0 build. How does that affect the 1.1 code behind apps? What is this
new code behind model that is in effect now in Dec CTP build?

Sorry for all the questions but just want to be sure that moving to 2.0 is
a good move.

Thanks,

JJ