Converting .net 1.1 app to 2.0

mavrick_101

Hi,

I am trying to build a .net 1.1 application (Rainbow portal) on .net 2.0. I
opened the solution in VS2008 and it started with a dialog box to convert the
solution to 2.0. It asked if I wanted to migrate to 3.5, but I declined.

I was able to build the solution successfully. I closed the solution and now
when I try to open it again in VS2008, it gives me a COM exception. Which
states as 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException'. I have no clue what
it means.

Can any one point me in the right direction.

Thnx.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Did you convert the only copy you have of the solution? If not, try again.
You can allow a convert to 3.5 and then go into the properties and specify
2.0, if that is your desire. The main difference between 2.0 and 3.5 is the
web.config, as 3.5 sits on top of 2.0.

I am not sure what the COMException is. If you want to figure it out, create
a new web application and then add the files into it and see which one
causes issues.

mavrick_101

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your response. Creating a new appliation takes care of the
problem. But I don't understand why/

Thnx again.