migrating ajax app from 2.0 to 3.5

GaryDean

I have an asp.net 2.0 website using the ajax toolkit 1.0 running on
server2003 using vs2005 on a 32 bit machine. I need to transfer it to my
vista 64 bit machine. I'm following the MSDN article:
"how to upgrade an asp.net ajax 1.0 web project to .net framework 3.5"

It says to download the ajaxcontroltoolkit-framework3.5 from codeplex, and
then put the dll from the sample website into my projects bin directory.
However the description on the dll says "AjaxControlToolkit for .NET 3.5
Beta 2". The old dll doesn't say "Beta".

So, does this mean that to run my website on the .net 3.5 platform using
vs2008 that I must migrate to beta software??

I want to run the toolkit 1.0 on .Net 3.5 with vs2008 but this seems to be
guiding me to run the toolkit 3.5 beta on .Net 3.5.

Can someone clear this up?
Thanks,
Gary

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

There is AJAX included in VS 2008, so you do not need to go into beta
software unless you want to go beyond where we are in the 2008 world.

If you need the controls in the toolkit, there is a release version from
February 29 of this year:
http://tinyurl.com/32qmcm

GaryDean

I went to your URL, which is the same place I got my toolkit
"AjaxControlToolkit-Framework3.5-NoSource.zip " The dll in that toolkit says
beta2 when I hover over it in Vista. I don't want beta.

Jialiang Ge [MSFT]

Hello Gary,

I downloaded the AjaxControlTookit-Framework3.5-NoSource.zip from
http://www.codeplex.com/AtlasControlToolkit/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?Rel
easeId=11121, extract the AjaxControlToolkit.dll from the folder:
SampleWebSite\Bin. But by no means can I find the beta description from the
dll. Would you let me know the steps to verify if it's a beta version? I
have checked the file's property->Detail, also tried to open the dll in
Visual Studio's object browser. Thanks.

And because AjaxControlTookit is a community-supported library and is not
supported by Microsoft. I'd suggest you post the question in AJAX Control
Toolkit's forum:
http://forums.asp.net/1022.aspx,
where you may get a more accurate answer from the developers of the toolkit.

Regards,
Jialiang Ge ([email protected], remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The latest is not beta. There may be something in the description that
states it is, but it was most likely a person who forgot to reset an
attribute. That is a release version.