Modifying Call Tips and Intellisense Behavior

pytopo

I like the way call tips displays argument variables for functions when
you type the "(" after the function name. However, if one of the
arguments to the function is something like "SomeMod.attribute", the
intellisense will display all the exposed methods and attributes when
"SomeMod." is typed. This is fine but once I have selected the desired
attribute and continue with entering the next argument, the original
call tip for the function I'm working on is lost. I think it would be
nice if one could hit a key sequence or something to recall the last
call tip.

Are there some other python editors that have this type of behavior?

If not, where should I start looking to tweak.

Thanks

John J. Lee

I like the way call tips displays argument variables for functions when
you type the "(" after the function name. However, if one of the
arguments to the function is something like "SomeMod.attribute", the
intellisense will display all the exposed methods and attributes when
"SomeMod." is typed. This is fine but once I have selected the desired
attribute and continue with entering the next argument, the original
call tip for the function I'm working on is lost. I think it would be
nice if one could hit a key sequence or something to recall the last
call tip.

Are there some other python editors that have this type of behavior?

If not, where should I start looking to tweak.

You haven't said what editor/IDE you're using now.

John

pytopo

John said:
You haven't said what editor/IDE you're using now.

John

I'm using Pythonwin editor now but I have also looked at SPE (Stani),
PyAlaCarte. I tried to get Eric3 but never could get the Qt stuff to
work.

All seem to handle calltips and intellisense slightly different but all
seem forget the base funcion call tip once another call tip or
intellisense is displayed while filling in the arguments.

I guess I would like to use the Pythonwin editor but I'm not against
other editors if they can be made to work the way I described.