MSXML, validateOnParse, win32

etwas77

hello,

i am using perl to parse xml documents, for that i have choosen to
follow the article:
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/04/17/msxml.html.

my $dom= Win32::OLE->new('MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0') or die "couldn't
create dom $!";
$dom->{async} = 'False'; # disable asynchrous
$dom->{validateOnParse} = 'False'; # no validate

although i have set validateOnParse to "false", it still tries to load
DTD. how come?

greetings,
e.

etwas77

Despite what the article says, I don't think you should be using the
string "False", which has a true value. Use 0 instead. (FWIW, I've used
MSXML myself this way, and it appears to work fine for me when I specify
0 forvalidateOnParse.)

tried that and all other combinations. still this:
$dom->{validateOnParse} = 0; # no validate
my $error = $dom->Load($xml);

produces me this:
$dom->parseError()->reason() = The system cannot locate the object
specified.

Error processing resource 'blablabla.dtd'.