multiple aspx requests simultaneously by same user

Chad McCune

I'm developing a portal for our intranet where multiple pages are being
shown inside several iframes on a single page.

The problem i've ran into, is that it seems as if IIS6/ASP.Net serializes
the requests
by the user and only processes one *nugget* (iframe) at a time.

It handles multiple requests by different users at the same time just fine,
just for any one user it only processes 1 request at a time.

Is this is a security feature of IIS 6 to help prevent DOS
attacks.

Is there a way to increase the number of simultaneous ASPX requests by a
single user the server will process??

This is an internal site and I'm not too worried about DOS attacks ;)

Thanks,
Chad McCune, MCSE, MCDBA

bruce barker

its the browser thats limiting the hits. IE limits itself (and all other
instances of IE) to 2 simultaneous hits to a web server. if you load a
frameset and the frame pages have any images, you are not going to see to
any frames load at the same time.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Chad McCune

In this particular instance...its not the browser doing the limiting....its
..NET....if i do the same page with static content and .htm I do not see the
same behavior