Multiple controls with the same ID

kwongtk

error message found in server A
"Multiple controls with the same ID 'batchEndorseworklist' were found. Trace
requires that controls have unique IDs."

but in server B is normal

why?
thank you

clintonG

Oddly enough, I've recently discovered multiple instances of the same
control with the same ID can be used in a Wizard control when each
respective instance of the control exists in one or more of the Wizard's
templates. I also note this occurs when the Wizard control is used in a
content page referenced by a MasterPage ContentPlaceHolder which requires
its own respective unique ID.

clintonG

Well --maybe-- go with the flow then and don't fight the compiler. So why
not just rewrite your JavaScript/

// for example
var CheckArray = parent.Worklist.batchEndorseworklist.checkbox
var CheckArray1 = parent.Worklist.batchEndorseworklist1.checkbox

if(CheckArray != null || CheckArray1 != null)

Ordinarily the compiler does not allow multiple instances of controls of the
same type with the same ID. I have learned this "rule" does not apply when
using Master Pages and the Wizard control and that's about all I can help
with other than to suggest what I said about modifying the JavaScript