Multiple in-memory input documents...

Chris

(cross posted to Xalan-users list)
Forgive me if this had been discussed before.

I'm currently using Xalan for my xml translations and...

I'd like to be able to access multiple in-memory documents (ie DOM)
via the document function. Something like document('dom://input2') or
the like. I was wondering if there was some extention or vodoo magic
in order to accomplish this.

I found a post at
http://www.xslt.com/html/xsl-list/2002-09/msg00644.html outlining
possible implementation choices, but since it's been three years since
this post, I though I'd ask around.

Is there, at present, any predefined way to do this, or am I stuck
writing an extention.

Thanks,

~Chris