n00b questions for javascript!

David Mark

I'm so glad we've finally talked about it, dude.

Yes, happy trails.
[...]
Libraries are typically designed and tested as a unit and often cannot
be deconstructed to leverage their parts.
That does not necessarily apply to *script* libraries as a programming
concept, though.
That's why I said "typically."

Asterisks are used in Usenet to emphasize words.  Emphasis is a means to
point out the increased importance of a word or phrase in a statement.

Thanks for that.

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <a12e931a-833f-4e26-8d4c-7c7b7700d74a@v1
3g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:04:39, Matt Kruse
People like David and others tend to only focus on e-commerce sites or
other sites that are apparently trying to reach the whole world. The
vast majority of development on the web does not fall into this
category.

Whether or not that is correct in detail, ISTM something that FAQ
section "2 Language Overview" might well refer to.

2.0 What is JavaScript used for? // or perhaps in Section 1.

JavaScript can be used to facilitate user input, by pre-validation,
organising options, etc.

JavaScript can be used to decorate a site.

JavaScript can be used to publish and demonstrate calculations and
algorithms.

JavaScript can ...

Some sites are for light use, some for intensive. Design considerations
vary accordingly.

Please bear these points in mind when posting to CLJ.

Also, ISTM that the content of FAQ "2.6 What does the future hold for
ECMAScript?" does not deserve a subsection, and could be put at the tail
of "2.1 What is ECMAScript?"