Nan values after merging 2 dataframes

Joined
Apr 19, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello, I have two dataframes that merged correctly using the "left on = " ", right on =" " method, but after the merge, some of my values in one column are getting Nan in it's row. I've confirmed that they're the same type (object) and that spelling errors in the merge aren't at fault.

Could it be because the two columns merging have different amounts of that value? One has over 30, the other has 24. I do need this to work because these column values have results attached to them that need to be used for calculating a difference.

Please help as soon as possible, thank you!

Joined
Sep 4, 2022
Messages
128
Reaction score
16
when you're merging your two datas frames, are you checking for full fields ??
<pre>if( column1 != empty and column2 != empty){ merge_when_ok() }</pre>