need help with a new site

da404LewZer

hell all, i'm starting a new wiki for programming called "CoderWiki"

i plan on documenting all functions of all programming languages.

I have started a couple portals for C, VB, PHP, HTML, Java, Smalltalk,
etc, and just added a API Guide section for talking about the Google
API, Win32 API, etc etc.

any help would be awesome, thanks in advance!

coderwiki.com

Joshua Shinavier

da404LewZer said:
hell all, i'm starting a new wiki for programming called "CoderWiki"

i plan on documenting all functions of all programming languages.

Good luck with that. Reminds me of a certain Wowbagger the Infinitely
Prolonged who undertook to insult everyone in the universe (and *in
alphabetical order*). But what better way to do it than with a Wiki...

Christopher Benson-Manica

da404LewZer said:
i plan on documenting all functions of all programming languages.

Since those functions aren't documented anywhere else, right? *yawn*

Chris Dollin

da404LewZer said:
hell all, i'm starting a new wiki for programming called "CoderWiki"

i plan on documenting all functions of all programming languages.

(Didn't someone else want to do this? Or is this the same entity?)

You'll run out of space: there's a countably infinite number of them.

Kenneth Brody

Chris said:
hell all, i'm starting a new wiki for programming called "[deleted]"

i plan on documenting all functions of all programming languages.

(Didn't someone else want to do this? Or is this the same entity?)

You'll run out of space: there's a countably infinite number of them.

I wonder... What constitutes "all functions"? Does it only include
those defined by the language definition itself, or does it include
every function of every API as well?

What constitutes a "function"? Are the INT21 system calls from DOS
"functions"?

Also, which languages are included in "all programming languages"?
Will he include INTERCAL, Brainf***, Piet, and Whitespace? Will
there be separate C90 and C99 lists? Will he include languages he
probably never heard of, like SITBOL or BLISS? What about those
languages that someone wrote for their own use in their garage?

And, now that a terabyte of storage is only several hundred dollars,
he might be able to afford the storage necessary for a first pass at
this project.

:)

Al Balmer

hell all, i'm starting a new wiki for programming called "CoderWiki"

Hell to you, too. Why are you here again? This is not the place to
advertise your wiki.

Malcolm

Kenneth Brody said:
Chris said:
[...]

That's why the project is best as a Wiki.
Once you have enough functions documented to be the resource of choice for
programmers, everyone else, including the authors of SITBOL and BLISS, will
happily add their handiwork. As you say, storage only costs a few hundred
dollars a terabyte, so as long as you don't include too many moving video
clips, not a problem even for the pockets of Joe Public.