Need help with IE7

Randy Webb

Manfred said the following on 1/27/2007 7:52 PM:
Hi,

When I click any link on this page
http://free.pages.at/staudinger/Regest/Regesten/_A1601-02-08-01657.xml
it only "works" with IE 6 but not in IE 7.
I need to know:
1. Does IE 7 throw an error msg?
2. Line number ?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Manfred

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at free.pages.at.

Perhaps you posted an incorrect URL to the file?

Ian Collins

Randy said:
Manfred said the following on 1/27/2007 7:52 PM:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at free.pages.at.

Perhaps you posted an incorrect URL to the file?

Works fine for me, maybe your DNS needs a kick?

Randy Webb

Ian Collins said the following on 1/27/2007 9:54 PM:
Works fine for me, maybe your DNS needs a kick?

It might, but I have tried it three different times today. Odd to say
the least. Although it may be something blocked by my ISP. <shrug>

But, if you can access it, do you have somewhere you could upload it or
email it to me?

Manfred

Randy said:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at free.pages.at.
Perhaps you posted an incorrect URL to the file?
Sorry, the URL is correct, but the server I'm on is
sometimes (irregular) down. Try it the next day.

Ian said:
Works fine for me, ...
Do you say those page links are working properly
in IE 7?

Manfred

Manfred

Hi Larry,
No, in my IE7 they do NOT work, and generate no error messages.
Many thanks for looking into this. Did you see the same alerts as in
IE 6 ?
They will open if I right click and choose "Open in New Tab" however,
which bypassses your JS and opens the links directly.
This is how it works with JS deactivated, and should sufficiently
proof
that the problem is within the JS.
Could it be a difference in namespace handling between IE 6 and IE 7
(silently doing nothing) ?

When I click any link on this page
http://free.pages.at/staudinger/Regest/Regesten/_A1601-02-08-01657.xml
it only "works" with IE 6 but not in IE 7.
I need to know:
1. Does IE 7 throw an error msg?
2. Line number ?
I would greatly appreciate any help.
No, in my IE7 they do NOT work, and generate no error messages.
They will open if I right click and choose "Open in New Tab" however,
which bypassses your JS and opens the links directly.

Larry L [in Honolulu]