Need help writing a file to the server.

cur

Ok, I need some help here. First of all, here's the offending bit of code:

Private Sub WriteToFile(ByVal strPath As String, ByRef buffer As Byte())
Dim newFile As System.IO.FileStream = New System.IO.FileStream(strPath, System.IO.FileMode.Create, IO.FileAccess.Write)

newFile.Write(buffer, 0, buffer.Length)

newFile.Close()
End Sub

I don't think it's the code, but there it is, just for reference.

Second, here is the error I'm getting:

Access to the path "C:\Mypath" is denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Mypath" is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

What I've done:

Absolutely everything. I have tried everything I could think of from adding aspnet to the admin group to hunting through gpedit.msc to find anything even remotely relevant. I have found a few people that said the took steps 1,2 and 3, which I did, and it didn't work. Besides, the web share idea scares me. I've messed with every permission I could find for any user regarding this directory and under no circumstances will it allow me to write to the server.

Please, any ideas?

Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\)

Did you set ACLs for ASPNET on "C:\Mypath"?
Did you tried Impersionation?