.Net 2.0 - Config files

Rob Meade

Hi all,

Can someone advise me please...

I have an existing web.config file but I would like to use an additional
config file for very specific things for my app, I would if possible like to
keep a similar structure, ie, <appSettings></appSettings> with all of my
items added in between, would have been nice to have specified some
categories in there too, such as security etc, but I can live with comments
for now.

So, if I add a second file, presumably the
ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("someKey") is still thinking it'll be in
the web.config file and error when it doesn't find it? So how would I also
read in values from another file and ideally use the intellisense (although
not massively important)...but it is quite tidy in my code...

Any help would be appreciated..

Regards

Rob