.Net ActiveX behaviour differs depending on the "Execute Permissio

Guest

Hi,

I've developed an ActiveX control in C# and I'm using it inside an ASP.Net
intranet app.

I've noticed though that in some situations, instead of loading the ActiveX
control, it just shows a text-box in its place. On my other test sites it
works fine.

Turns-out that if the Execute Permissions of the Virtual Directory are set
for "Scripts Only" it works fine, but under "Scripts and Executables", I get
the rather useless text-box.

I may need the "Scripts and Executables" because my ASP.Net app. is set as
an MSHTA app. I don't know yet if the "Scripts Only" setting will affect the
application somehow, for now it seems to be fine. But in any case, I would
like to try to understand why is this happening? As is seems strange to me
that a more restrictive setting is the one that works. Could it have
something to do with the trust settings on the assembly (I configured it for
Full Trust)?

My environment is XP Prof. SP2, .Net 2003 and Framework 1.1. IIS 5.1. The
code I use to insert the control into the page looks something like this:

<OBJECT id="myControl2" height="180" width="640"
classid="MyClass.dll#MyClass.Test1"
name="myControl2" VIEWASTEXT>
</OBJECT>

The assemblies for the control are placed in the same directory next to the
aspx page.

An OCX test control developed in VB6.0 seems to work fine every time.

Thanks,
Antonio