Net::err_aborted 404 (not found)

Joined
Dec 16, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
When i open index file it works but when i run app css cant be find, and in console it says Net::err_aborted 404 (not found)

Joined
Mar 11, 2022
Messages
227
Reaction score
32
As it sais. 404. Not found.

So error is clear. If you need more help (or help at all), you need to provide more information.

Right now your question has the same merit than a question like this:
Downhill in the snow my car moves but not in the summer. What's wrong????

Joined
Dec 16, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
When i open index file it works but when i run app css cant be find, and in console it says Net::err_aborted 404 (not found)
1671154727998.png

when i try relative href does not work anyways and says same thing

Joined
Mar 11, 2022
Messages
227
Reaction score
32
Your path is wrong. Are you able to open http://localhost:5000/public/css/style.css in your browser? I guess no.

So, where is your index located? I don't know anything about your structure.

Is your index located in a folder named public along with a folder named css?
Then you should go with that path:

href="css/style.css"

If your index is within the folder css than:

href="style.css"

There is absolute and relative pathes. You should read "AND UNDERSTAND" the differences. That is essential mandatory in Webcoding.

Joined
Dec 16, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
It's not in public folder but when i try "css/styles.css" i doesn't work, it only in css folder

Joined
Mar 11, 2022
Messages
227
Reaction score
32
Where is your index located? Which folder? What folders are also in that same location?

Joined
Dec 16, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Index is in project folder and css folder is in project folder and in css folder is styles.css.

Joined
Mar 11, 2022
Messages
227
Reaction score
32
Okay. If you don't know how to use a browser,
you should'nt try coding. Sorry to say that.

localhost seems weird anyway. Even if you're using XAMPP for "whatever your try to do there", then you have a folder of your stuff on your local machine. So even C:\\myfolderwithmyxammpproject\public\index.html and C:\\myfolderwithmyxammpproject\public\css\style.css should return anything.

If it's on a real server than it's also not localhost. It's your domain, or your domains IP. If you don't know waht im talking about at all than read second line of this answer.

This forum isn't supposed to teach people from the scratch. We help solvings problems. But where should i start help you changing a tire if you don't even know how to open your trunk?

Sorry.