Net::HTTP::Proxy Access Denied (authentication_failed)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by zak, Nov 4, 2011.

  1. zak

    zak Guest

    Hi,

    two pc's show different behavior, although they are under the same
    domain in a company network:

    require 'net/http'

    Net::HTTP::proxy('<proxy-address-here>', 8080).start('www.google.com')
    { |http|
    puts http.get('/search?q=ruby')
    }

    This code displays google's page content as expected on my computer,
    while on a colleague's pc "Access Denied (authentication_failed) Your
    credentials could not be authenticated: "Credentials are missing.".
    You will not be permitted access until your credentials can be
    verified.
    This is typically caused by an incorrect username and/or password, but
    could also be caused by network problems."
    appears.
    Any idea how this comes?

    thanks!

    zak, Nov 4, 2011

  2. Difficult without knowing your installation. There might even be a
    configuration telling the proxy to not check credentials when connected
    from your IP while other IPs require authentication.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Nov 4, 2011