HTTP Status 407: Proxy Authentication Required

Sau

Hi, I have got a web appl in ASP.NET 2.0 which in turn calls a web service
(wrtten in .NET 2.0) residing in the same machine. While calling the web
service i get the below error in the web appl. I have deployed this appl in a
server.

The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy Authentication Required ( The
ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web
Proxy service is denied. ).
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)

Some points to note are:
- The web application and the web service run under a common application pool
- The application pool is running under a common domain level service account
- Both the web appl and the web service are set as separate virtual
directories under two separate websites
- Both these web sites use separate DNS Host entries and are running on
Port 80
- Both the sites using Windows Integrated Auth.Anonymous Auth is turned off.

The same code base is working absolutely fine on a separate server with
similar configurations made.

Any pointers on what should be crosschecked in the configurations. Am pretty
sure this should not be a code issue.

Thanks

Gh.Fakhry

I had the same problem, you only need to code in your network credentials

http://bytes.com/topic/net/answers/426351-proxy-authenticated-required

Sa wrote:

HTTP Status 407: Proxy Authentication Required
09-Apr-09

[...]

You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

Silverlight 3 Bing API: A Related Links Widget
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...8feb-57559fdf27f2/silverlight-3-bing-api.aspx

pjb

Thank you for your input, but I am affraid you are missing the point. The WPF
application should work for all users in various proxy environments, so
coding user credentials in the application doesn't solve the problem, I
suppose. What I am looking for is a way to use the user credentials with the
WCF access, so the user proxy won't complain.

Maybe a Microsoft engineer can contact me to try and solve this problem? My
post was:

Proxy authentication problem WPF browser app calling WCF service

I have a WPF browser app (partial trust) that calls a WCF service that runs
on the web server. All works fine when the client is not behind a proxy
server. If it is, I get the message: "(407) Proxy Authentication Required".
If I try to alter the <defaultProxy> settings I get the message "Insufficient
permissions for setting the configuration section 'defaultProxy'". What
should I do? I just want to use the same credentials for normal web access
and WCF access.
--
Paul

.