net::imap extension

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Anders Borch, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Anders Borch

    Anders Borch Guest

    hi rubyists!

    I recently made a small web-interface to some mail administration, it
    was a small and easy operation with the kind help ruby :)

    but... I found that Net::IMAP lacks ACL support, I know that it's not
    IMAP (rfc 2060), but it *is* in rfc 2086. GETACL, SETACL, DELETEACL etc.
    would be *very* nice to have in net::imap, and are pretty easy to
    implement too:

    module Net
    class IMAP

    def setacl (mailbox, user, acl)
    send_command ("SETACL", mailbox, user, acl)
    end

    def getacl (mailbox)
    send_command ("GETACL", mailbox)
    end

    # ...

    end
    end

    my question is this: how to put this in the official Net::IMAP package
    distributed with ruby (I think it should be there, if others disagree
    then I'll just keep my acl code to myself and shut up about it :)

    /Anders

    Anders Borch, Jun 26, 2003