.NET Word processing component

Martin

Dear Group

I wonder whether there are any alternatives to Aspose.Word or
Softartisans WordWriter by other companies? I'm looking for a .NET
component that can merge data either from a dataset, datareader etc or
a textfile into a word template.

Thanks very much for your help!

Best Regards,

Martin

Kevin Spencer

I'm not familiar with those components, but chances are, they are Interop
assemblies that interact with the Word COM interface. You could create your
own Interop assembly instead.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

bruce barker

unless you have a very low volume site, you do not want to interop to word,
it does not scale nor is it recommend by MS.

what was wrong with the current choices?

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| I'm not familiar with those components, but chances are, they are Interop
| assemblies that interact with the Word COM interface. You could create
your
| own Interop assembly instead.
|
| --
| HTH,
| Kevin Spencer
| .Net Developer
| Microsoft MVP
| Neither a follower
| nor a lender be.
|
| | > Dear Group
| >
| > I wonder whether there are any alternatives to Aspose.Word or
| > Softartisans WordWriter by other companies? I'm looking for a .NET
| > component that can merge data either from a dataset, datareader etc or
| > a textfile into a word template.
| >
| > Thanks very much for your help!
| >
| > Best Regards,
| >
| > Martin

Kevin Spencer

Good to know.

--
Kevin Spencer
..Net Developer

Kevin Spencer

As Steve pointed out, the products listed on his reference don't use COM
interop, so I would have to agree with both of you.

Believe me, I don't recommend COM interop for much of anything.

--
Kevin Spencer
..Net Developer

Martin

Hi Steve

Thanks for your message. I've read your Aspose.Word review. Great
Work!
Just wondered whether there are any other vendors apart from Aspose
and Softartisans out there that offer mail merge functionality?
I've searched for some while now but haven't found anyone else.

Thanks for your efforts!
Have a nice day!

Martin