New release of the C Containers Library (CCL)

Jon

MartinBroadhurst said:
I do know what a POD type is, and I know what a concrete class is as
well. Your definition contains elements of both, but is neither.

Keep thinking that if you want to, but you are wrong.

Seebs

Your definition contains elements of both, but is neither.

Nietzsche said "Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

I think that, on consideration, you will find this quote directly
applicable to your current circumstance with respect to "Jon".

-s

MartinBroadhurst

Which built-in types? Integers?

class C
{
/* No need to define a default constructor; one is implicitly
defined */
/* No need to define a copy constructor; one is implicitly defined
*/
/* No need to define a copy-assignment operator; one is implicitly
defined */
/* No need to define a destructor; one is implicitly defined */
};

C c1;
C c2;
c1 += c2; /* Damn! */

Martin

MartinBroadhurst

Nietzsche said "Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

I think that, on consideration, you will find this quote directly
applicable to your current circumstance with respect to "Jon".

Nietzche also said, "What, then are the ultimate truths of mankind?
They are the *irrefutable errors*".

Jon is aiming for irrefutable error, and his technique is coming along
quite well, but he isn't quite there yet.

Martin

MartinBroadhurst

Jon, you're so wrong that people who are merely massively in error
look to you for consolation.
You're so wrong that the people of the planet Wrong have rung to say
that they don't know you.
You're so wrong that somewhere in Paris, there is an aluminium
simulacrum of you; it is the SI unit of being wrong.

Martin

Jon

MartinBroadhurst said:
Which built-in types? Integers?

class C
{
/* No need to define a default constructor; one is implicitly
defined */
/* No need to define a copy constructor; one is implicitly defined
*/
/* No need to define a copy-assignment operator; one is implicitly
defined */
/* No need to define a destructor; one is implicitly defined */
};

C c1;
C c2;
c1 += c2; /* Damn! */

I've said all that needs to be said with "my" "definition" above. Use it
or don't. "No skin off of my nose". *I* didn't make the definition, the
language creators did. Take it up with them.

Jon

MartinBroadhurst said:
Jon, you're so wrong that people who are merely massively in error
look to you for consolation.
You're so wrong that the people of the planet Wrong have rung to say
that they don't know you.
You're so wrong that somewhere in Paris, there is an aluminium
simulacrum of you; it is the SI unit of being wrong.

Okie dokie.

Seebs

Jon, you're so wrong that people who are merely massively in error
look to you for consolation.
You're so wrong that the people of the planet Wrong have rung to say
that they don't know you.
You're so wrong that somewhere in Paris, there is an aluminium
simulacrum of you; it is the SI unit of being wrong.

The term is "fractally wrong":

http://www.alphadictionary.com/blog/?p=200

"The state of being wrong at every conceivable scale of
resolution. That is, from a distance, a fractally wrong
person's worldview is incorrect; and furthermore, if you
zoom in on any small part of that person's worldview, that
part is just as wrong as the whole worldview."

We get a fair number of examples of them around here.

-s

Keith Thompson

MartinBroadhurst said:
Jon, you're so wrong that people who are merely massively in error
look to you for consolation.
You're so wrong that the people of the planet Wrong have rung to say
that they don't know you.
You're so wrong that somewhere in Paris, there is an aluminium
simulacrum of you; it is the SI unit of being wrong.

Martin, please take this out of comp.lang.c. (I suspect the readers
of comp.lang.c++ aren't interested either, but I won't presume to
speak for them.)

You are feeding a troll, and thereby acting like one yourself.

red floyd

Jon, you're so wrong that people who are merely massively in error
look to you for consolation.
You're so wrong that the people of the planet Wrong have rung to say
that they don't know you.
You're so wrong that somewhere in Paris, there is an aluminium
simulacrum of you; it is the SI unit of being wrong.

Obligatory XKCD.

http://xkcd.com/386/

Malcolm McLean

class C
{
    /* No need to define a default constructor; one is implicitly
defined */
    /* No need to define a copy constructor; one is implicitly defined
*/
    /* No need to define a copy-assignment operator; one is implicitly
defined */
    /* No need to define a destructor; one is implicitly defined */

};

C c1;
C c2;
c1 += c2; /* Damn! */
One annoying feature is that += isn't by default equivalent to x = x +
c.
Another more deep-seated problem, which C shares, is that there is no
concept of "scalar". So as you add types you end up with N^2
requirements for arithemetical-type functions.

However you wouldn't expect arithmetical operators by default. They
don't always makes sense.

Seebs

Who is Keith Thompson?

Keith is one of the resident experts on C. The person you were responding
to is a troll who posts nothing but complaints about how people who know C
aren't enough like him. I recommend you killfile "Richard", if you actually
want to read about C. If you're interested in pointless internet drama,
though, he's your guy.

-s