New to python NEED SIMPLE MATH CODE plz

Reaction score
an someone help me with a simple *for yous* lines of code..

I need to input a number of no more then 10 or 11 digits. say 01234567890

then need too add them #+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+# Then ##+##+##+##+##+## THen ###+###+###+### up too ############

then multiply the results by 8. like say 24 = 8, 23=7 22=6. I know its probly stupid easy but im still learning. and show the different multi's for eash group. i dunno if that explain enough but if you could make me a something too which you may think im needing that would greatful :)

so say the number was 392130 i want stuff like 39 would be 7, 21 would be 5 . minus from closest number from multi of 8.. IM not good at explaining any help with the codes too do it would be helpful.
Jesse.

Reaction score
Python:
number = "392130"

digit_sum = sum(int(digit) for digit in number)
print("Digit sum:", digit_sum)

group_size = 2
digit_groups = [int(number[i:i+group_size]) for i in range(0, len(number), group_size)]
group_sum = sum(group for group in digit_groups)
print("Group sum (size 2):", group_sum)

group_size = 3
digit_groups = [int(number[i:i+group_size]) for i in range(0, len(number), group_size)]
print("Group sum (size 3):", group_sum)

group_size = 4
print("Group sum (size 4):", group_sum)

nums = [8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1]
for num in digit_groups:
  closest = min(nums, key=lambda x: abs(x-num))
  print(num," Closest multiple of 8 is :",closest)

like this?

Reaction score
i think i messed up i think i want the common denominator of the sums so like 12345 i want 1+2+3+4+5 = 15 so think of a clock that can't go past 8 .. 15 =7 where as 16=8 understand what im trying too do? so say 12+34+5 .. so 12 is 4(because 16 - 12 ), 34 is 2,cuz and 5 is 5. so it would be 11 11.. but on a clock only goes up too 8 would be 3... understand? ughmm im dumb. but i really need to figure this out.
i want 3 different outcomes, 1 for the single #+#+# ect, and ##+##+## and ###+###+###+ the outcome has to be somewhere between 1-8..

and i thank you SO MUCH FOR THE CODE AREADY! its what i want just needs that tweek :)

Jesse

Ask a Question