NEW Web Application Project [VS 2005]

Chris

I installed this new BETA component for VS 2005 and it really helped with
the migration from vs2003, but now I cannot deploy the project. Compiles
fine, but there is no option to Copy the project, and that new Web
Deployment Project update does not work on Web Application Projects so I
cant use that either.

I'm just trying to copy the project to a release directory with "only
required files" such as .aspx and .dlls just like in VS 2003.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Guest

Chris,
Until Scott Guthrie and his group come out with the final product, you will
probably have to XCopy deploy "by hand". This means everything in the bin
folder, all .ascx, .aspx, and .asax files (but not .cs files) and the
web.config. There are still a number of "Holes" in the preview product, most
of which are well - described in the tutorial.

Peter

Joey

The "copy" function is new and improved in VS2005. Just choose "Publish
web site..." on the "Build" menu, and you will see what I mean. Uncheck
the box that allows the site to be updateable if you want your aspx
pages copied as stub files instead of html (new to VS2005). This would
mean that your code behind AND source pages would be compiled on the
web server (my preference). If you don't uncheck this box, the
functionality will be basically the same as the old "Copy website
feature..." in VS2003.

Also I see no reason for any third party tool, if all you want to do is
copy. I have had no problems in using this simple, built-in publish
feature.

JP

Joey

Oh, sorry. I didn't get that from the post. I still don't see it. Guess
I must have missed something earlier.