    I would appreciate if someone can shed some light on this.

    Thank you,
    Anand.

    Andy, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Andy

    Randy Webb Guest

    Unless explicitly told to do it differently, it processes it in the
    order its sent to the browser.

    Randy Webb, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Generally, the browser parses the HTML from the begining, and when it
    meets a script element, it executes the script at that point. That is
    why "document.write" inserts its content right after the script
    element.

    Accessing parts of the page already parsed, might be possible, but
    since the DOM has not been fully build, I would not feel absolutely
    certain about accessing it before the page has loaded.

    If you give a script element the attribute "defer", then the browser
    is allowed to defer execution of that script until later, but no later
    than the execution of the next script element on the page.
    I believe they agree completely about the order, as does all other
    scriptable browsers.

    /L

    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen, Oct 5, 2004