newbie: e.Item.DataItem = null

Jeff

hey

asp.net 2.0

my code crashes in the ItemDataBound event on my webpage.

my webpage has a ObjectDataSource (odsMessage), here are the settings I've
set in it's properties:
SelectMethod = getTestData
TypeName = testLogic.networkLogic
SelectParameters = I specified 2 parameters

This objectdatasource is the datasource to my Repeater control :
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {
rptMessage.DataBind();
}

I've debugged the code and the getTestData method gets the correct
parameters and this method returns the correct value, but in the
ItemDataBound event the e.Item.DataBound is null....

Any suggestions to what is wrong here?

Jeff

Jeff

Thanks, I had forgotten that!

I'm very thankful for your tip!

jeff

Eliyahu Goldin said:
Do you filter out non-data item such as header, footer, separator?

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

Jeff said:
hey

asp.net 2.0

my code crashes in the ItemDataBound event on my webpage.

my webpage has a ObjectDataSource (odsMessage), here are the settings
I've
set in it's properties:
SelectMethod = getTestData
TypeName = testLogic.networkLogic
SelectParameters = I specified 2 parameters

This objectdatasource is the datasource to my Repeater control :
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {
rptMessage.DataBind();
}

I've debugged the code and the getTestData method gets the correct
parameters and this method returns the correct value, but in the
ItemDataBound event the e.Item.DataBound is null....

Any suggestions to what is wrong here?

Jeff

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Are you checking e.Item.ItemType?

when it's Header/Footer, e.Item.DataItem will be null - because no items are
bound to the header/footer. you need to make sure that you are processing an
Item or AltnernativeItem row.

Karl