Newbie Help for XML schema

shake.the.disease

Hi,

I create the following table like XML schema.

<RECORD>
<CD>
<ARTIST> Enrique Igleasias and Arethe Franklin</
ARTIST>
<DATE> Jan 01, 2006 </DATE>
</CD>
</RECORD>

I use a perl CGI script for displaying the HTML by invoking the XML
schema as follows...

My question is that when I display the table, if there are spaces in
my data for a given tag, it is converted to a newline after it reaches
a limit on num of chars. I use a lot of tags for each record and so
it becomes pretty big horizontally and I need to scroll but i don't
want the data in the ARTIST field to be printed as

Enrique
Iglesias
and
Aretha Franklin

but rather as "Enrique Iglesias and Aretha Franklin"

Any help in this regard will be much appreciated

Thanks,

dm

Joseph Kesselman

My question is that when I display the table, if there are spaces in
my data for a given tag, it is converted to a newline after it reaches
a limit on num of chars.

That's behavior of HTML and whatever you're using to display the table,
not behavior of the XML. You need to handle it at that level.

shake.the.disease

Thanks Joseph. I'll see if theres an alternative for creating the
table using html.

DM