[newbie] javax.com: Where to get missing files from?

Thin Myrna

Hello,

every now and then I try to get into programming with Java,

"This time" it's the com port's turn.

Looked like I had to get at javax.comm, so I did: Downloaded it from von
java.sun.com
-> comm2.0.3.zip. Extracted its files w/ WinZip -> 1 Lizense file,
comm.jar, README.txt.

As I couldn't find anything about installation in the readme file, I
imported it w/ Eclipse
3.2.1 (I'm on WIndows XP).

But: "javax.comm.CommPortIdentifier.getPortIdentifiers cannot be resolved to
type..."

Googling around yielded the info, that two files are missing:
javax.comm.properties und win32com.dll. But why? And: Where can I get them
from?

Kind regards
Thin

P.S.: Java 6, Windows XP, Eclipes 3.2.1.

Twisted

But: "javax.comm.CommPortIdentifier.getPortIdentifiers cannot be resolved to
type..."

This message isn't due to any missing properties file or DLL. It
indicates that the compiler saw the getPortIdentifiers method call
where it was expecting to see a type. You have a syntax error in your
source file near whatever line javac is complaining about.

Thin Myrna

Twisted said:
This message isn't due to any missing properties file or DLL. It
indicates that the compiler saw the getPortIdentifiers method call
where it was expecting to see a type. You have a syntax error in your
source file near whatever line javac is complaining about.

You are right, thank you! After having rearranged the code, the compiler
doesn't complain anymore. Sorry for the stupid question...

Kind regards
Thin