Newbie question about method options

Tim Harig

If i use, create_arc(bbox, options) => id
what is id? and how do i find the parameter list representing options?

I am not familiar with tkinker; but, the expression is just showing a
function prototype. The function part should be self-explanitory. Judging
from statements below like:

canvasx(screenx) => float, canvasy(screeny) => float

and

bbox(items) => tuple, bbox() => tuple

and the fact that "id" is mentioned for all of the functions that return a
handle, I suspect that the "=>" and what comes after it is just a
typographical notation to tell the reader what kind of datatype they can
expect the function to return.

Dave Angel

python-newbie113 said:
I am new to python and have a question about using methods.

Here is the link i am looking at:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/x2102-methods.htm

If i use, create_arc(bbox, options) => id
what is id? and how do i find the parameter list representing options?

Thanks for help in advance

Andrew
This is a tkinter question, not a python one, and it's really all about
how the docs for tkinter are organized. I don't use tkinter, so I had
to spelunk a little bit (try search). You're looking at a summary
page. You want to see the details for a given one of those methods.

Search for create_arc, and you'll find
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/x2861-options.htm
as one of the links. The link "Back" will get you to:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/canvas-arc.htm

which is the beginning of Chapter 14, "The Canvas Arc Item"

As for 'id' I have no idea, but if you read further, you'll probably
find out. The fact that all of these methods return one indicates it's
some sort of object reference for those widgets.