Newbie question

FloridaJoe

I've keyed in the following code that I copied drom my asp .net for dummies
book:

<%@Page Language="vb" debug="True" %>
<head>
<title>Hello and Welome Page</title>
</head>
<center>
<% Dim TextSize as integer %>
<% For TextSize = 1 to 7 %>
Hello and Welcome!<br>
<% Next %>
</center>

I've saved the code as: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\dummy1\dummy1.aspx

My computer is running W2000 prof and is named IT03; I installed dev studio
..net, including the prerequisites install, so I don't know what is missing.
When I open IE 6 and enter a url :
http://it03/inetpub/wwwroot/dummy1.dummy1.aspx it tells me that

Server Error in '/' Application.
----

The resource cannot be found.
dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is
temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that
it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /inetpub/wwwroot/dummy1.dummy1.aspx

----

Version:1.1.4322.573

I've tried adding c:to the url, and localhost instead of it03, and I can't
find any url that will work. I'm really stuck and any advice will be
appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Joe in Florida

Sam Samnah

Eww ASP.NET For dummy is using antiquated Speghetti code. It almost looks
like ASP 3.0. that is If it weren't for type setting and the page directive.