newbie: webpart & Untitled

Jeff

OS: XP pro
IDE VS 2005 .NET
ASP.NET 2.0

I've created a very simple asp.net page that contains only 1 WebPartZone. In
this WebPartZone have I placed a Calendar control (webpart)....

The top of this calendar have the text "Untitled"....

my PROBLEM is that I don't want the text "Untitled" to be displayed, but I'm
not sure how to remove it... Isn't there a setting for this on the webpart
(calendar)?..

Please help me with this!

Best Regards!

Jeff

MSDN

Jeff

Just Add the Title property to the asp:Calendar Control manually in XHTML

<asp:Calendar ID="Calendar1" runat="server" BackColor="White"
BorderColor="#999999"

CellPadding="4" DayNameFormat="Shortest" Font-Names="Verdana"
Font-Size="8pt"

ForeColor="Black" Height="53px" Width="1px" Title=" ">

Notice that Title = "space" not empty

SA

MSDN

Jeff,

You are in luck if the asp:Calendar Control is the second item in the
WebPartZone.
However the First control will still have the same problem
You might have to create your own derived control and implement some
Interface like Implement IWebPart ???

example: that works
<web part zone >
<textbox...> ... Does not work
<calendar... Title=" " >... Works
</web part zone>

example: that works only for TextBox
<web part zone >
<calendar... Title=" " >... Works
<textbox...Title=" " > ... Does not work
</web part zone>

??????

SA

MSDN

Sorry,

example: that works only for TextBox
<web part zone >
<calendar... Title=" " >... Does not work
<textbox...Title=" " > ... Works
</web part zone>

SA

Jeff

Yeah, <calendar... Title=" " >... Does not work.... when I in Visual Studio
2005 start typing Title the typeahead doesn't show the property Title, it
shows many other properties about Title (like TitleFormat etc, but no
Title)... And the Title property I set in by myself gets a green line under
itself... This tell me that this isn't the correct way to do this.. OR it is
but I don't see it yet... I'm a newbie

But the way I've seen the multimedia presentation about creating Web Parts
at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/learning/learn/newtodevelopment/default.aspx#Multimedia
and in that presentation they don't add the Title property.... still they
get no "Untitled" in the header of the calendar....

The header in my calendar contains the word "Untitled" and a sign I can
click on and open the web part menu (Minimize, Close)

Is the Title property the only solution here or are there some other
solutions also?

Jeff

MSDN

I was able to get rid of the Title "Untitled" when I added a TextBox before
the Calendar Control and Added the Title= " "
Even though the typeahead complained about it.

So it is a very strange behavior that it works if it is the second control
in the list.

I know this is not the right way.

SA