nntplib encoding problem

Laurent Duchesne

Hi,

I'm using python 3.2 and got the following error:
... 'subject': 'Myl\udce8ne Farmer - Anamorphosee (Japan Edition) 1995
[02/41] "Back.jpg" yEnc (1/3)' ...
overview = nntpClient.over((534157,534157))
print(overview[1][0][1]['subject'])
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
UnicodeEncodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't encode character '\udce8' in
position 3: surrogates not allowed

I'm not sure if I should report this as a bug in nntplib or if I'm
doing something wrong.

Note that I get the same error if I try to write this data to a file:
h = open("output.txt", "a")
h.write(overview[1][0][1]['subject'])
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
UnicodeEncodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't encode character '\udce8' in
position 3: surrogates not allowed

Thanks,
Laurent