    of the line at the "-".
    With spaces, I would use "nbsp", but how to do this with a dash?

    Thanks!

    =?iso-8859-15?Q?Jens_M=FCller?=, Sep 6, 2006

  2. =?iso-8859-15?Q?Jens_M=FCller?=

    Bobbo Guest

    Try ‑

    e.g.
    Badger‑Botherer

    Although that may have some restrictions based on what encoding you're
    using - can anyone else advise?

    Bobbo, Sep 6, 2006

  3. =?iso-8859-15?Q?Jens_M=FCller?=

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Sep 6, 2006
  4. Try ‑

    Thanks!

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jens_M=FCller?=, Sep 7, 2006
  5. That's non-breaking hyphen. It's probably what the OP really _meant_,
    though. But it doesn't really work, due to browser limitations.

    The practical approach is to use the nonstandard <nobr> markup around the
    string that should not be broken across lines, as in
    <nobr>Company-Name</nobr>
    For more info, see
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/nobr.html
    The encoding has nothing to do with that. The meaning of ‑ is
    completely independent on the encoding of the page.

    Jukka K. Korpela, Sep 7, 2006
  6. =?iso-8859-15?Q?Jens_M=FCller?=

    Bobbo Guest

    Thanks for pointing that out, that's more useful than a list of search
    results.

    Bobbo, Sep 11, 2006