    document?

    Thank you in advance for your patience :)

    Regards, Stefano

    xareon, May 18, 2009

  2. xareon

    tbranch227 Guest

    Did you ever get an answer to this? Is the XMI standard essentially dead?

    tbranch227, Feb 1, 2013

  3. It's an official standard: ISO/IEC 19503:2005 Information technology –
    XML Metadata Interchange (XMI).

    That doesn't guarantee that anyone reading a particular newsgroup uses
    it... and given the silence, the answer seems to be that we don't,
    either because we haven't had the need or because we're using other
    solutions.

    You might find someone more clueful by asking in a newsgroup focusing on
    the topic XMI addresses -- metadata -- or on tools which use XMI.

    Good luck.

    --
    Joe Kesselman,

    Joe Kesselman, Feb 3, 2013
  4. Also note that being an official standard doesn't guarantee that anyone
    actually uses it. (This is why the W3C is careful to call all their
    documents Recommendations; they believe that a "standard" should be
    called such only after they have survived an extended period of contact
    with the real world.)

    --
    Joe Kesselman,

    Joe Kesselman, Feb 4, 2013