onchange and onmousedown event firing

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Matthew, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. Matthew

    Matthew Guest

    Good Morning,

    I am working on a datagrid and am getting an error when I modify a text
    area within the grid and click on another cell within the grid. I have
    an onblur(this), onchange(this), and onmousedown(this), generic
    script for all elements in my grid.

    If I select (but do not modify) my text area and then click on another
    cell I do not get an error:
    (mousedown, blur, mousedown)

    If I select, modify, and click OUTSIDE of my datagrid I do not get an
    error:
    (mousedown, change)

    However If I select, modify, and click within the grid I get "unknown
    error" using IE 6.0.
    (mousedown, change, mousedown)

    The script functions correctly but I get a status bar error message.

    I assume that it has something to do with the events firing. Does
    anyone have any insight?

    thanks,

    Matthew

    Matthew, Nov 3, 2006

  2. Hi Matthew,
    Have you stripped this down to the simplest possible example that still
    creates the error? Perhaps you can create a page with 50 lines or less
    that will reproduce this error?

    Peter

    Peter Michaux, Nov 3, 2006