onchange and onmousedown event firing

Matthew

Good Morning,

I am working on a datagrid and am getting an error when I modify a text
area within the grid and click on another cell within the grid. I have
an onblur(this), onchange(this), and onmousedown(this), generic
script for all elements in my grid.

If I select (but do not modify) my text area and then click on another
cell I do not get an error:
(mousedown, blur, mousedown)

If I select, modify, and click OUTSIDE of my datagrid I do not get an
error:
(mousedown, change)

However If I select, modify, and click within the grid I get "unknown
error" using IE 6.0.
(mousedown, change, mousedown)

The script functions correctly but I get a status bar error message.

I assume that it has something to do with the events firing. Does
anyone have any insight?

thanks,

Matthew

Peter Michaux

Hi Matthew,
I am working on a datagrid and am getting an error when I modify a text
area within the grid and click on another cell within the grid. I have
an onblur(this), onchange(this), and onmousedown(this), generic
script for all elements in my grid.

If I select (but do not modify) my text area and then click on another
cell I do not get an error:
(mousedown, blur, mousedown)

If I select, modify, and click OUTSIDE of my datagrid I do not get an
error:
(mousedown, change)

However If I select, modify, and click within the grid I get "unknown
error" using IE 6.0.
(mousedown, change, mousedown)

The script functions correctly but I get a status bar error message.

I assume that it has something to do with the events firing. Does
anyone have any insight?

Have you stripped this down to the simplest possible example that still
creates the error? Perhaps you can create a page with 50 lines or less
that will reproduce this error?

Peter