onChange problem

Jeff

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem with onChange. The tag looks like:

<input:text bean = "" name="X" label="Y"
attributesText="onChange=\"clear()\""> </input:text>

if i replace, onChange with onBLur, the call works. when i try using
onchange without the attributesText it tells me onchange is not
supported by the top level domain. if I change the start of the tag
to <input type="text" blah blah blah and drop the attributesText, it
works...but that messes up the format of the UI.

Any ideas on how to get onChange working?

Thanks,
Jeff

Martin Honnen

Jeff said:
I'm having a problem with onChange. The tag looks like:

<input:text bean = "" name="X" label="Y"
attributesText="onChange=\"clear()\""> </input:text>

Strange, what is that markup above? It is not HTML or XHTML which are
usually the markup languages script is embedded in in this newsgroup.
if i replace, onChange with onBLur, the call works. when i try using
onchange without the attributesText it tells me onchange is not
supported by the top level domain. if I change the start of the tag
to <input type="text" blah blah blah and drop the attributesText, it
works...but that messes up the format of the UI.

Any ideas on how to get onChange working?

<input type="text" onchange="clear()" name="X">
is the proper HTML markup with a client side onchange event handler set,
now you need some script section to define the function
<script type="text/javascript">
function clear () {
// clear body goes here
}
</script>
and depening on what that function is supposed to do a parameter
function clear (element) { ... }
could help with the call to the function changed to
clear(this)

Jeff

Martin Honnen said:
Strange, what is that markup above? It is not HTML or XHTML which are
usually the markup languages script is embedded in in this newsgroup.

<input type="text" onchange="clear()" name="X">
is the proper HTML markup with a client side onchange event handler set,
now you need some script section to define the function
<script type="text/javascript">
function clear () {
// clear body goes here
}
</script>
and depening on what that function is supposed to do a parameter
function clear (element) { ... }
could help with the call to the function changed to
clear(this)

Thanks for the reply. My only issue is that I can't use the <input
type="text" markup because it messes up the format. Is there a way to
do onchange with <input:text ? I'm not sure what the name of that
markup is, but it is the one im stuck using.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jeff