onKeyUp when selecting from autocomplete

Jason C

I'm changing a DIV area as the site visitor types into an input field, likethis:

<input type="text" name="title" size="20"
onKeyUp="
document.getElementById('title').innerHTML =
document.admanager.title.value
">

This works fine if they are actually typing, but the problem I'm having is if they're typing and select something from their browser's autocomplete. If they select it using an arrow and carriage return, then it still works, but if they select with their mouse then it doesn't.

Is there an event that runs on key press OR mouse selection, or am I going to have to duplicate it like this? (untested):

<input type="text" name="title" size="20"
onKeyUp="
document.getElementById('title').innerHTML =
document.admanager.title.value
"

onChange="
document.getElementById('title').innerHTML =
document.admanager.title.value
"

Antony Scriven

[...]

'(untested)' Why? --Antony

dhtml

I'm changing a DIV area as the site visitor types into an input field, like this:

<input type="text" name="title" size="20"
  onKeyUp="
    document.getElementById('title').innerHTML =
    document.admanager.title.value
">

This works fine if they are actually typing, but the problem I'm having is if they're typing and select something from their browser's autocomplete.If they select it using an arrow and carriage return, then it still works,but if they select with their mouse then it doesn't.
There are several problems with your untested code.
Is there an event that runs on key press OR mouse selection,

"OR", so capitalized, signifies disjunction. You probably meant "and".
Mouse selection? What is wrong with selecting by other input devices?
On laptop, I select text with the keyboard, e.g. on Mac, shift + left
arrow key selects 1 char left of caret position.

or am I going to have to duplicate it like this? (untested):
[...]

Somebody who likes ads may help you try to figure out what you wanted
to ask and how to do that.