open file through web page and supply an incremented name....

Todd

I am looking for ideas on how I could create something to change a
file's name each time the link is selected, from a web page.

The format I am looking for is:

040700001

Where 04 is the year, 07 is the month and the last 4 are to be
incremented +1 each time the link is clicked.

Anyone know how I can do this in Perl?

Thanks

TB

Todd

I am looking for ideas on how I could create something to change a
file's name each time the link is selected, from a web page.

The format I am looking for is:

040700001

Where 04 is the year, 07 is the month and the last 4 are to be
incremented +1 each time the link is clicked.

Anyone know how I can do this in Perl?

Thanks

TB

Ok, I got the a program to name a file in the syntax I state above.
However, I do not know how I can make this happen from a web page
selection? I need the program to open a template .xlt, do my rename
program, and allow the user to save the file locally.

I have no clue how I can make this thing work from a web page. Using
a form of somehow, but any help on the coding would be appreciated!

Joe Smith

Todd said:
Ok, I got the a program to name a file in the syntax I state above.
However, I do not know how I can make this happen from a web page
selection? I need the program to open a template .xlt, do my rename
program, and allow the user to save the file locally.

There is no need to rename the file on your server.
With the appropriate MIME headers, you can give the browser a
hint as to what name should be used when saving the file.

This is a MIME or HTTP or HTML question, not a perl problem.
-Joe