Opening a webpage from a window form without showing the URL to the User

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Pankaj Jain, Nov 18, 2005.

  1. Pankaj Jain

    Pankaj Jain Guest

    HI All

    I have a problem in Opening a Web page URL from window form.I am using the
    following code

    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start( stdBrowser,
    http://test.user.com/abcd.asp?username=xyz&password=abcd);

    That is working fine but the problem is

    The Url is visible in the address box of the browser. Often the URL contains
    data (username, password) that should not be visible to the user.
    I need to Find a way to call a URL without making the URL visible. The
    response should be displayed a new instance of the system's web browser

    OR some how i need to hide these username & password

    regards,
    Pankaj Jain

    Nagarro Software Pvt. Ltd.
    Plot No 36, Electronics City,
    Sector 18, Gurgaon, India - 122015
    http://www.nagarro.com
    Phone (+ 91) 124 - 5016775, 2455301, 2455302, 2455303
    Extn. 702
    Direct :- 3048702
    Fax (+ 91) 124 - 2455304

    "This electronic communication and any accompanying document are intended
    only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
    confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
    recipient of this message, be aware that any use, review, dissemination,
    distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
    received this communication in error and/or are not the intended recipient,
    please notify the sender and delete it from your system. We do not claim
    that this information is complete or accurate and any views expressed in
    this message are those of the individual sender."

    Pankaj Jain, Nov 18, 2005

  2. Pankaj Jain

    Kalpesh Guest

    Hi,

    Do one thing
    1) Open the browser with page A alongwith username & password as
    querystring
    2) On page A, transfer it to another page after checking the
    credentials

    Another better thing would be to send the info encrypted & check it on
    server whether it is the valid info (something what msn messnger or
    yahoo messenger does)

    HTH
    Kalpesh

    Kalpesh, Nov 18, 2005

  3. Pankaj Jain

    Kalpesh Guest

    You can use System.Net.WebClient to post to a URI

    Kalpesh

    Kalpesh, Nov 18, 2005
  4. Pankaj Jain

    Pankaj Jain Guest

    sorry for that....

    I don't have access to that web site so i can't use any of the technique
    also i am openning this link from desktop application so i con't use post
    method

    Pankaj Jain, Nov 18, 2005
  5. Pankaj Jain

    Pankaj Jain Guest

    But how can i write the response to the browser(IE) from desktop application

    Pankaj Jain, Nov 18, 2005
  6. Pankaj Jain

    Kalpesh Guest

    Kalpesh, Nov 18, 2005
  7. Pankaj Jain

    Pankaj Jain Guest

    Hi

    That will open the page in the Descktop application Browser.I want to open a
    link in a new window of IE browser

    Thanks
    Pankaj Jain

    Pankaj Jain, Nov 21, 2005