Opening Excel workbook from ASP.NET WCF Web Service

faffo1980

Hi all,
I'm trying to develop a C# WCF Web Service method to open and manipulate an
excel file programmatically.
I was getting error "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with
CLSID {A1093992-8BEB-4307-943B-3FF7023AD1E2} failed due to the following
error: 80070005" while accessing application so I changed DCOM permissions.

Unfortunately now I'm getting error "Exception da HRESULT: 0x800A03EC" while
opening workbook. The problem occurs only when service in deployed on IIS
server. In debug mode (with WCF host) the problem is not present.

Could anyone help me finding out where is the error?

Thanks in advance for the help

faffo1980

Bob Barrows

faffo1980 said:
Hi all,
I'm trying to develop a C# WCF Web Service method to open and
manipulate an excel file programmatically.

Sorry, I don't know the answer although something here might be relevant:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257757

Otherwise, all I can offer is this:

***canned wrong-newsgroup reply************************
recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest