Opening remote site is very slow - copying files?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mlfblom, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. mlfblom

    mlfblom Guest

    Hi,

    I am running visual studio 2005 on a Vista Ultimate client. I have
    created a remote site on a Windows 2003 R2 server. This site has about
    100 aspx, many App_Code files and several references to DLL's.

    When I open the remote site within VS 2005 on the client machine, I
    takes very, very long before the site is opened and the solutione
    explorer shows all files. In the mean time the status bar shows a
    message like it is copying files from the remote machine to my local
    client.

    Does this mean that every time I open a remote site, a complete copy
    of the site made to my local machine? Does this also happen if I add
    this site to Visual SourceSafe?

    Any ideas on how to speed up this opening process? I know that I can
    create a local IIS site or directly on the file system but I really
    liked the idea of working on the remote site directly.

    Regards,

    Mark

    mlfblom, Jun 7, 2007