os detection

lazlo

Need help with OS detection.
I have a page with a script that works only in IE and as I heard from
feedbacks it doesn't run under IE on Mac.
I have browser type redirect script for that page that seems to be
working fine except it doesn't detect the OS ( IE on Mac just gives
blank page). Can someone add to the code that I would give me one page
for IE on Windows and another one for all others?

bName = navigator.appName;

bVer = parseInt(navigator.appVersion);

if (bName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") ver = "e4";

else ver = "n2";

if (ver == "e4"){

window.location.replace("http://kentdesign1.com/images/museum/exhibition.html");}

if(ver == "n2")
{
window.location.replace("http://www.pictures-by-lazlo.com/start_2004.html");

Michael Winter

[snip]
I have a page with a script that works only in IE and as I heard from
feedbacks it doesn't run under IE on Mac.

I doubt it will work with any browser other than IE/Win. The sensible
thing to do is author for the Web, not IE.
I have browser type redirect script for that page that seems to be
working fine

Seems to, yes. Browser detection is unreliable. See
<URL:http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/not_browser_detect.html#bdTop>.
It focuses on detection for the purposes of script execution (for obvious
reasons), but it's still applicable.

[snip]

Mike