os.system call problem

questions?

I use os.system to call a display program, e.g.

os.system(displayblah blah) to call display. the program starts and
display things I wanted. When I kill display, somehow the python
program don't understand I want to move on, keep calling
os.system(displayblah blah) again and again.
I have to kill terminal to quit them all.

How can I migrate back to my python program after I kill the display
program?

Thanks a lot

Fredrik Lundh

questions? said:
I use os.system to call a display program, e.g.

os.system(displayblah blah) to call display. the program starts and
display things I wanted. When I kill display, somehow the python
program don't understand I want to move on, keep calling
os.system(displayblah blah) again and again.
I have to kill terminal to quit them all.

How can I migrate back to my python program after I kill the display
program?

Python doesn't run os.system() over and over again by itself, so
there's probably something wrong with your code.

how about posting the relevant code, so we don't have to guess ?

(if you have some time to spare, reading

won't hurt either)

</F>

questions?

Fredrik said:
Python doesn't run os.system() over and over again by itself, so
there's probably something wrong with your code.

how about posting the relevant code, so we don't have to guess ?

(if you have some time to spare, reading

won't hurt either)

</F>

you are exactly right.
I did a while loop and forgot to update the condition.

Thanks for the suggestions!