OuputFormat and XMLSerializer's alternative?

Denny

I am making a sample web service program using WSDL and SOAP under JDK
1.4. To make that, I used a source below included in XML and JAVA;
developing web application 2nd Edition. As you know, Since the two
classes, OutputFomat and XMLSerializer, had been deprecated, I can't
use that source. To use that source, How I can modify it?? plz let me
know the ....

import java.io.FileReader;
import java.io.InputStream;
import java.io_OutputStream;
import java.net.URL;
import java.net.HttpURLConnection;
import org.w3c.dom.Document;
import org.xml.sax.InputSource;
import org.apache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat;
import org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer;

import com.wm.ws.mime.XmlMimeEntityHandler;
import com.wm.ws.soap.util.EnvelopeUtil;

public class SOAPHttpRequestor0 {

public static String SOAP_ENV = "SOAP-ENV:Envelope";
public static String CONTENT_TYPE_VALUE =
"text/xml; charset=UTF-8";

public static void main(java.lang.String[] args)
throws Exception {
Document doc;

// Parses the request XML with the specified charset (utf-8)
DocumentBuilderFactory factory =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
factory.setNamespaceAware(true);
InputSource input =
new InputSource(new FileReader(args[0]));
doc = factory.newDocumentBuilder().parse(input);
OutputFormat formatter = new OutputFormat(doc, "utf-8",
false);
formatter.setPreserveSpace(true);

// SOAP-ENV:Envelope is added if needed
if (!doc.getDocumentElement().
getTagName().equals(SOAP_ENV)) {
Document env = EnvelopeUtil.createEmptyEnvelope();
doc = EnvelopeUtil.addBodyEntry(env, doc);
}

// Print out the request message
System.out.println("******** Request Message *******");
XMLSerializer serializer =
new XMLSerializer(System.out, formatter);
serializer.serialize(doc);

// Set up HTTP transport
URL url = new URL(args[1]);
HttpURLConnection con =
(HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
con.setRequestMethod("POST");
con.setRequestProperty("Content-Type",
"text/xml; charset=UTF-8");
con.setRequestProperty("SOAPAction", "\"\"");
con.setDoOutput(true);

// Serialize and send the request message
OutputStream out = con.getOutputStream();
serializer = new XMLSerializer(out, formatter);
serializer.serialize(doc);

// You may get error
if (con.getResponseCode() != HttpURLConnection.HTTP_OK) {
throw new Exception("Error in HttpURLConnection: " +
con.getResponseMessage());
}

// Receive response message
InputStream in = con.getInputStream();
input =

XmlMimeEntityHandler.getInputSource(con.getContentType(), in);

Document resp = factory.newDocumentBuilder().parse(input);

System.out.println("\n\n******** Response Message *******");
formatter = new OutputFormat();
formatter.setPreserveSpace(true);
serializer = new XMLSerializer(System.out, formatter);
serializer.serialize(resp);
System.out.println("\n\n******** Succeeded *******");

Arne Vajhøj

Denny said:
I am making a sample web service program using WSDL and SOAP under JDK
1.4. To make that, I used a source below included in XML and JAVA;
developing web application 2nd Edition. As you know, Since the two
classes, OutputFomat and XMLSerializer, had been deprecated, I can't
use that source. To use that source, How I can modify it?? plz let me
know the ....

You should not read or write SOAP yourself.

Use a web service toolkit to handle that.

Besides OutputFomat and XMLSerializer are not deprecated
according to:

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-j/apiDocs/org/apache/xml/serialize/OutputFormat.html
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-j/apiDocs/org/apache/xml/serialize/XMLSerializer.html

Arne