override settrace

Raja

Hi,
I want to override the sys.settrace() call, create a way to trace
the execution of a python program. Keep track of all objects created
and destroyed. Keep track of the call pattern throughout the execution
of the program and output a simplified "call graph" to standard out.
Please help me in this regard.

Thank You,

Steve Holden

Raja said:
Hi,
I want to override the sys.settrace() call, create a way to trace
the execution of a python program. Keep track of all objects created
and destroyed. Keep track of the call pattern throughout the execution
of the program and output a simplified "call graph" to standard out.
Please help me in this regard.

Thank You,
How many times do you intend to post this question before waiting
patiently for an answer?

regards
Steve

Gabriel Genellina

I want to override the sys.settrace() call, create a way to trace
the execution of a python program. Keep track of all objects created
and destroyed. Keep track of the call pattern throughout the execution
of the program and output a simplified "call graph" to standard out.
Please help me in this regard.

Maybe you find easier to use one of the existing profiling tools:
http://docs.python.org/lib/profile.html

Raja

Dennis Lee Bieber

I am sorry for the number of posts but there has been a problem
while I submitted and the post didnt appear for almost an hour after
my 1st post so I reposted it.

If you were posting via Google, /nothing/ showed up for some 24
hours...
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/