Override Skin file in CheckBoxList item

mdavis

Hello,
I have a need to set the formatting of the checkboxes dynamically
added to a checkboxlist on my website. The problem is that we use a
master.skin file that overrides any classes I add to the listitems as
they are added to the checkboxlist.
I have experimented with SkinIDs in the past, but am unable to add a
SkinID to the items in the checkboxlist.

I add the items like this:
ListItem itemCategory = new ListItem();
itemCategory.Text = categoryList["CategoryName"].ToString();
itemCategory.Value = categoryList["CategoryID"].ToString();
cblCategories.Items.Add(itemCategory);

I've tried adding a class like this:
itemCategory.Attributes.Add("class", string.Concat("checkBoxOrder",
orderLevel.ToString()));

but that gets overriden by the skin file:
<asp:CheckBox runat="server" CssClass="checkBox"></asp:CheckBox>

Any help getting SkinID set on the checkboxlist items, or an
alternative way of styling would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Max

Dave Sussman

Are you using the Theme or StylesheetTheme attribute? With Theme, the
properies of the skin will override properties declared directly on a
control, whereas StylesheetTheme will only appliy skin properties if they
aren't already set on the control. So Stylesheettheme won't overwrite.

mdavis

[...]

I didn't realise about the StyleSheetTheme attribute - what a great
find! Looks like it's the answer.

Cheers,
Max