Page expired - using Sessions?

Guest

At the moment I am getting the following Expired Warning if a user logins
into a secure page and attempts to press the 'back' button:

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using
information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a
security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your
information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh
button.

Is there someway to gracefully stop this from happening...in other words.to
re-display the login page?

Also, what is causiing this? Session Variables?

Thanks
Jason

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Also, what is causiing this? Session Variables?

No, the fact that you submitted a form via POST.

Evertjan.

wrote on 06 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
At the moment I am getting the following Expired Warning if a user
logins into a secure page and attempts to press the 'back' button:

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using
information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available.
As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically
resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh
button.

Put a warning on the page:

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
Do not press the back button or the backspace key,
as the Internet Explorer will give you
a nearly incomprehenseble message
and I cannot help you at that time.

In stead press <HERE>

Guest

Thanks, but that is a pain in the neck....one would have to completely
change the design look and feel of existing pages to compensate for
this.....

But, then I guess it would also not make sense for a user to really want to
bo BACK to the irritating login page...right?

Guest

Hmmm, I did experiment and change this to "Get"...I re-submitted form and
pressed back and stil got the warning...?

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Yes, I understand. Your repro uses method=post. He said he still gets the
warning when using method=get?

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

Evertjan. said:
Aaron [SQL Server MVP] wrote on 07 aug 2004 in
Can you show a URL where this happens?

Aron, I think we ment the refresh behavour all along ;-)

Try this:

<http://hannivoort.org/test/madrefresh1.asp>

and submit to see the IE warning when refreshing.

Evertjan.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP] wrote on 07 aug 2004 in
Yes, I understand. Your repro uses method=post. He said he still
gets the warning when using method=get?

No.

Querystrings are acceptable in a refresh, it seems.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Yes, I understand. Your repro uses method=post. He said he still
No.

Querystrings are acceptable in a refresh, it seems.

You're talking in circles. I am aware of that. The OP said he STILL gets
the warning about re-submitting information EVEN if he uses GET. I asked to
see a URL where this happens, because surely he is mistaken.

Evertjan.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP] wrote on 07 aug 2004 in
You're talking in circles.

I am aware of that. I understanding was/is still in development.
I am aware of that. The OP said he STILL
gets the warning about re-submitting information EVEN if he uses GET.
I asked to see a URL where this happens, because surely he is
mistaken.

My tests hopefully do not deter the OP to submit an URL to the NG.