Page Navigation

Vadivel Kumar

I have some certain dynamic pages in which i need to implement the page
navigated path. In
page 1 there are some 100 links, and each link will lead to another page
(which is dynamically generated
from one aspx file). for example,

Category page

|____ Category 1 - Subcategory 1 - Data1
|____ Category 2 - Subcategory 2 - Data2

This category1 and subcategory1 are taken from database and displayed in a
datalist.
when user clicks on page by page there is a links in the top of the page
should tell
the user, that from which page he came to this page like this

Category 1 >> SubCategory 2 >> Data1

Now, What i want to know is how can i do this in ASP.NET 1.1 and what is the
efficient way to do this?

Thanks in Advance
Vadivel Kumar

Guest

Hi Vadivel,

as of now there is no straight way of doing to achieve your need, like drag
and drop a control. You've to write your own control or you've to specify
links manually in all pages.

If you can wait for another couple of months (say in mid of june), probable
we wouod get new version of ASP.NET. There we have a separate conrol for this
called, site map. You just drag and drop it in your page...that's it.

Cheers,

Jerome. M

Vadivel Kumar

How to write that kind of control? I used cache object but it seems to be
little
bit fizzy. Plz provide some examples, sites or articles about this.

Thanks
Vadivel Kumar

Guest

Hi Vadivel,

I searched in the web and I did n't find any site or articles abt the help
you need.

But here is my suggestion....

..... Have a panel control in every page you created dynamically, and a link
button too. Add the current page url as well as the previous page url's in
link buttons (one link button per url).

When you do this in a loop you would not find much difficult I hope.

Cheers,

Jerome. M