page view state for sort expression datagrid

cindy

using the ASP.NET datagrid control to
displaying some data from SQLserver, also provide paging and sorting
function for the datagrid. However, after sorting
a certain bouldcolumn, if change the page index , the new paged data is
not sorted? How do I store a variable in
Page's ViewState to identify the last sort expression and whenever need
to rebind the datagrid, can sort the datasource through the sort
expression stored previously?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for your posting. As for this problem I've posted my repsonse in
your former thread below:

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
Subject: Datagrid paging I lose my sort

I'd appreciate if you have a look there. Also,if you feel it convenient, we
can continue to discuss there.

Thank you!

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support